4444 1st Ave NE
Suite 410B, Lower Level
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
(319) 363-STEM (7836)
View Map & Directions
Registration is open. Click "Links, Forms & Resources" on the left to view the all the documents. Click here to register online. If you plan to purchase a membership to receive our great discounts, please do so in the online system.
The following Summer Camps are SOLD OUT:
- June 10 - My First Robot
- June 10 - Wizard Science
- June 17 - Basic Robotics
- June 17 - Grossology
- June 17 - Junior Detective
- June 17 - Mad Scientist
- June 24 - App Designers
- June 24 - Intermediate Robotics
- June 24 - Safari Adventrues
- July 8 - Advanced Robotics
- July 8 - Junior Vet
- July 15 - Dig Into Dinos
- July 15 - Movie Makers
- July 15 - Video Game Masters
- July 15 - Water World
- July 22 - Blast Off
- July 22 - Get on the Bus
- July 22 - Sounds Like Science
- July 29 - Crime Scene Investigation
- July 29 - Dragons & Castles
- July 29 - My First Robot
- July 29 - Under the Big Top
- July 29 - Wizard Science
- Aug 5 - Dig Into Dinos
- Aug 5 - Kitchen Chemistry
- Aug 5 - Ocean Explorers
- Aug 5 - Spy Kids
- Aug 5 - The Dirt on Rocks
- Aug 5 - The Musical Brain
Thanks to all who participated in our surveys, focus groups and one on one’s over the summer.
We are excited to plan the next steps for the Center and need your continued support and input.
- To see the results of the study, click here.
- To give us more feedback on the future of the center, click here.
- If you would like to tell us about a recent experience you had when visiting the center, click here.
- To email feedback or comments to our board president contact email@example.com
Thanks, and keep checking the web site for more information on our progress and next steps.
K-8 kids and their families are invited to join iExploreSTEM (www.iExploreSTEM ) for an exciting FREE afternoon of hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The event will be held at the McKinley Middle School Grounds from 1-5 PM on June 9 in Cedar Rapids. Steve Goodall Principal of McKinley Middle School and Mrs. Iowa International 2013 LaSheila Yates are producing the event.
Festival activities challenge children to think – to solve STEM problems – and introduce them to careers in STEM. Festivals are designed so that regardless of abilities, all children succeed and have fun. Kids might design and build a windmill, dissect a virtual cadaver, or explore a career through video games.
Meet local STEM professionals and help design a city, explore the skies, or extract DNA from bananas. There will be something for everyone, and no registration is needed. Show up ready to have fun and learn. Parents, stop at our careers booth to learn about local STEM career training opportunities.
If you haven't attended a festival you've missed a tornado in a box, stomp rockets, turtles and snakes, flying sharks, robots, DNA bracelets, gumdrop bridges, and so much more.
iExploreSTEM Cedar Rapids is part of Living with the Floods a statewide project to commemorate recent flood events and celebrate progress toward recovery in Iowa.